The Seeley Family

The Seeley Family
Justus' Farewell Family Pic

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Well, another Mother's Day has come and gone.

I admit I felt a little trepidation entering into the weekend, knowing Mother's Day was coming with all its traditional bestowing of gifts and words of praise and, for some reason, I was kind of dreading it. I think it was that perfectionist part of me reminding me of all the things I haven't done or don't do well as a mother. Can you believe that? Man, it was a little stressful, let me tell you.

So my first Mother's Day gift came when I got to talk to Joseph Saturday night. I admit I got a little emotional at first. It was SO good just to hear his voice again! He's doing incredible and just loving his mission. It sounds like he's planning on staying out until November so it will be later than we thought but we're still excited to see him this Fall!

Justus wasn't able to call from the MTC but he will call on the 17th from the airport on his way to Chile!

Well, that night I had my second gift when Rich told me to head to bed early and he would take care of getting everyone to bed. (A lengthy and exhausting task at times!)That little "love spoon" started the good feelings rolling so by then I started to relax and decided to enjoy my day tomorrow, "Come What May". I know I'm not perfect and I'm pretty sure my kids know it too. :) So here's how my day went:

Woke up (a little later than usual - 30 minutes maybe?) and showered first thing. (AHHHH bliss!)

The kids all came into the room with gifts, flowers, breakfast.



Jonah and John made scrambled eggs with cheese, wheat toast, fresh fruit, and OJ (my fave breakfast).



Sara and Anna gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Jarom presented me an "explosion card box" he made in Kindergarten full of precious drawings. Beth gave me a certificate for a personal pedicure and some new nail polish and black flipflops to go with it. Jonah and John also bought me some beautiful silver sparkly earrings. The best part was just the smiles, hugs, and kisses, and love pouring out.


We went to church where I played the organ as usual and wore a corsage made from the flowers of the girls' bouquet. It smelled so sweet!



Jonah sang in a young men's quartet and did a great job! They handed out chocolates from the ward after Sacrament Meeting (good choice!).



After church, we came home where I got a foot bath, massage and treatment from Beth while Sara made Beef Stroganoff (from scratch!). Ahhh, I was in heaven!

After dinner I got a nice little nap and then woke up to cheesecake with raspberry puree and ganache (my fave dessert).

Then we watched "Nature" on PBS ( a weekly Sunday tradition) and Beth painted my toenails a gorgeous cheery raspberry color. :) (I know, the toes aren't pretty but the nail color sure is.)



I think it all went pretty well.

After a wonderful "monkey in the middle" hug after family prayer I felt like it turned out to be a good day and that I was OK.

Not perfect, but definitely loved, and OK. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment